Who am I?
I'm Nilesh Dosooye - father, husband, son, foodie, traveler, mauritian, investor & technology leader
I spent a couple of decades in the US working in Silicon Valley mostly. With Remote work toolset and processes more streamlined, I recently moved to Mauritius with my family, so that my children can grow up with the same culture, life, family, beach access and island vibes, that I had, while I was growing up.
I love food and travel and I love to explore cultures, countries, people thru their foods. I once took 6 months and backpacked Central and South America solo, took few months to do Asia and South East Asia here and there. After our wedding, me and my wife, took a 1 year break and travelled exclusively for that 1 year doing South America and Asia. We visited around 26 countries in that trip, before we had kids. My latest trip was a post-covid, solo trip to India, Malaysia and Thailand, mostly a food tour - Following food vloggers and trying all the Michelin star Street foods out there.
I have over 20 years experience in technology innovation, startups and consumer application development. I use my vast experience leveraging startup growth strategies and software engineering methodologies to deliver highly effective and creative products to business and technology challenges.
My several years of experience has been mostly in building scalable web based applications and web services. I have excellent experience building enterprise and consumer applications and scaling them in the cloud ecosystem. I have experience working in Corporate culture (Yahoo!) as well as very early stage startups with limited resources. I love taking products from conception to reality as efficiently as possible.
I consistently drive high standards of delivery through effective project management, communication, and strategic planning. I am highly organized with strong capacity to prioritize workload, delegate deliverables, and steer project completion.
Our solution streamlines communications and processes between offshore and land staff. Our full fledge online suite of products allows transparency and visibility over all vessel operations. The offline-ready mobile apps allows crews to work and use the app with limited internet connectivity.
- Technical Vision and Strategy
- Engineering Processes, Monitoring, Metrics, CI/CD
- Remote Work infrastructure and Processes
- Hiring and Managing Remote workers
- System Architecture
- Technical Product Management
I was previously Engineering Manager of the Platforms team and got promoted to Chief Architect while in the previous role.
Notable Project Leadership
- S3 Backed Data Lake with AWS Athena/Hive for querying near real-time data.
- Centralized Data Collection Pipeline (clicks, user behaviors, offline) and Syndication
- Deconstruction of legacy PHP monolith app into Microservices
- Dockerization of all Microservices to production.
- Centralized Logging and analysis for all microservices.
- Standardized Health Monitoring & Data anomaly detection.
- Instrumentation of all apps using Statsd, Telegraf, Influxdb and DataDog.
- Paid Media Attribution and Conversion Tracking tool.
Notable Projects for the Platform
- Phone Calls Attributtion Tracking tool
- A/B Testing tool that drove any new feature the company added
- Search Engine Implementation
- Intranet tool for Call Center
- Central Ordering System for the entire stack
- Initiation of Docker and MicroServices to the company
- Paid Media Attribution and Conversion Tracking tool.
- Brought park2gether.com from prototype stage to market
- Re-architecting gottapark.com legacy backend logic to a modern generic parking platform
- Architected scalable cloud hosted multi-tenant REST Web Services Parking platform
- Managed the development of the SPA web client, Native Android and IOS Apps
- Implemented Integration with Tunz/Ogone Payment Providers (European), including Wallet & Escrow Management
- Developed methodology to Interface mobile apps with with Bluetooth devices.
- Defined engineering infrastructure and processes for our globally distributed team
We were tracking amd measuring influencers even before influencers was used a common 'term'.
I was the 3rd Engineer to join the team.
- Built a discovery engine which starting from a defined taxonomy, searches and discovers relevant communities and blogs across the global web and aggregate them, find their activity levels, score them, identify their customer reach to be able to monetize on that.
- Moved platform from legacy servers to the cloud to AWS hosted infrastructure.
- Re-Architected platform architecture to be able to scale and support big ad campaigns from multiple brands.
My main focus at peerpong was mostly on architecting and designing the middle tier layer, databases and server operations.
Projects included -
- Implemented indexing of Tweets on a SOLR Search Engine
- Twitter bots to monitor and watch questions being asked on twitter
- Facebook Connect implementation, EC2 Cloud Deployment processes.
Timebridge.com's San Francisco office was shut down in 2009 and operations consolidated in Israel only.
TimeBridge was acquired by MerchantCircle.com
As the properties were content based, also had to implement fine tracking and tune the SEO parameters. The average sections of the properties received a few million hits every month.
We were also among the pioneers of using Agile Scrum methodology at Yahoo!.
At that time, given there was no facebook or other social media connecting Mauritians, it was a huge succes.
The site grew to 85,000 members within a couple of years.
- Worked in the University Library, filing catalogs
- Worked as Security Guard during Football matches
- Worked in the computer lab to assist students